Since 1842, backed by nearly 2 centuries of tradition, four generations of Vermont ownership and the pride of being hand-crafted in the USA, Johnson Woolen Mills has been a world-wide source for rugged woolen outerwear for today’s modern lifestyle.
Deep in the Green Mountains in the small town of Johnson, Vermont our modern manufacturing facility is just feet from the original mill, which serves as a reminder to the entire staff of the longevity and commitment to quality Johnson Woolen Mills brings to each product and every customer. Traditional processes still remain at the mill such as, hand cutting, sewing, piecing, serging, and finishing of our traditionally patterned, checked, and plaid clothing lines.
As we build on the Johnson Woolen Mills legacy of hand-crafted in the USA, we are looking for individuals who share our commitment to innovation, tradition, quality, teamwork and great customer service.
What You Will Be Working On:
- The Sewer will work on a manufacturing sewing line producing garments, outerwear, blankets, accessories etc.
- Trim excess thread using cutting tools, trimmers, and sewing machines
- Sew sample goods to support R&D team as needed
- Participate in physical inventories
What You Bring to Johnson Woolen Mills:
- Experience in garment manufacturing and operating sewing machines is a plus
- Collaborative team member
- Self-starter who is willing to get into the details and learn new things
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to communicate, follow instructions, and execute
- Ability to multitask and prioritize multiple demands
- The company will offer training as needed
To apply, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call 802-635-2271. Hiring for part-time and full-time. We look forward to hearing from you!
We value diversity and believe the unique contributions each of us brings drives our success. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, sex, religion, color, national origin, gender identity, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.